Students in Tassie: Earn while you learn
Are you looking to study a Bachelor of Business (Accounting) at the University of Tasmania next year? Want to kickstart your career – and enhance your uni performance – while you study?
Then this is an opportunity that you need to explore!
Applications are now being accepted for next year’s Bentleys Excellence Program (BEP) – a program that offers undergraduates studying a Bachelor of Business (Accounting major) at the Univerisity of Tasmania (Hobart campus) the opportunity to work in a leading Tasmanian practice while they undertake their studies.
This role will provide you with unmatched professional experience and an opportunity to kickstart your career in an environment where no two days are the same. The program will get you hands-on across the various areas of the firm – starting in the bookkeeping division, and then moving you through the accounting, corporate recovery, superannuation, taxation and auditing areas.
Your journey – and the mentoring support that you will receive from colleagues – will be matched to the subjects you are studying at the time. For example, you will work in the audit division during the semester that you are doing your audit subjects at uni. This means that not only do you get a head start on your career, you will also be gaining critical knowledge and experience to enhance your study. It’s a win-win!
Enjoy working with a broad range of interesting clients – and be supported by a friendly team
At Bentleys, we work with a diverse group of clients – which includes a number of iconic home-grown enterprises. So as well as getting hands-on experience in your professional field, you will also be learning first-hand about how successful businesses operate.
In addition, you will be supported by a friendly team who are invested in your success. We have a track record of helping our people to grow their careers within Bentleys. We will offer permanent full-time employment to successful program participants at the completion of their program.
As well as the support that our team offers, you’ll also be working with friendly colleagues who know how to unwind and have fun!
What do you need to be successful in this program?
The key factors for success for program applicants include:
- You are enrolled (or intend to enrol) in the Bachelor of Business (Accounting major) at the Univerisity of Tasmania (Hobart campus) next year
- You have a genuine interest in working in the accounting and advisory/professional services industry in the futrue
- You are a team player who enjoys working with a close-knit team
- You are proactive, and not afraid to ask questions or take on new tasks
- You will be available to commit to working on-site in the Bentleys office two days a week during semester, and full-time during semester breaks/holidays (time off over these break periods will be possible, and we are flexible to accommodate exam/assignment blocks)