Proudly supporting Queenslanders and their businesses for more than 70 years
The history of the firm dates back to 1948 when two accountants, Jim Rawlings and Harry Bolton, established the firm of JL Rawlings Bolton & Co. Rawlings had been the Brisbane partner of Joseph Kenna & Co (established in Rockhampton) and Bolton was a partner of GE Jones & Co in Mackay.
The original firm was located in Primac House on Creek Street in Brisbane’s central business district. In the 1960s the firm moved to Cribb Street in Milton – but the expansion of commercial activity in Brisbane saw the practice later re-establish in the city.
Over a quarter of a century, Rawlings and Bolton led the firm through impressive growth and achievement. Both gentlemen retired in 1972, by which time the firm had grown to become a successful Queensland practice with seven partners and a team of professional and support staff.