Helping clients grow their business is what I enjoy most in my role.
Ryan first joined the Bentleys team in 2007, and is now a Partner in the Business Services division. Ryan is the lead advisor in the Bentleys Emerald office in Central Queensland. He works extensively with businesses and family groups throughout regional Queensland.
Ryan is a fully qualified Chartered Accountant, and holds a Bachelor of International Business and Commerce.
Having grown up on a Central Queensland cattle property, Ryan knows first-hand the challenges and opportunities that businesses face in this sector – and this insight underpins the expertise that he brings to his clients.
Ryan works closely with rural and regional clients operating in primary production industries such as beef, grain and horticulture. A number of his clients are food innovators in their respective market space, and he has been privileged to work alongside them on their growth journey.
Ryan also deals directly with other businesses such as retailers, hoteliers, various trades (electrical, building, and mechanical) and professional services (lawyers, doctors, and real estate). In addition, Ryan has broad experience in the mining services and labour hire industries. He has working alongside major players in this market for a number of years.
Ryan regularly presents to small business owners in regional areas and has delivered workshops on strategy and growth, building financial sustainability, undertaking risk reviews of business structures, managing cash flow, succession and estate planning.
Ryan’s experience includes:
- Senior team member in the restructuring of a large farming business. This engagement focused on the transition of businesses between different trading structures, ownership interest and multiple generations.
- Lead advisor on restructure of large mining services business. This engagement involved developing solutions around taxation strategies and broader risk management.
- Senior team member of due diligence conducted on behalf of a major US Hedge Fund. The engagement involved the review data and records on behalf of the client investigating purchase opportunities in Australia.
- Senior team member on establishment of an agri fund for the purchase of dairy assets. Key solutions provided included deal structure, regulatory compliance and management of investor tax outcomes.
- Key advisor to multi-generational rural family business. Since joining Bentleys, Ryan has been a key advisor to one of our longest standing rural clients. He has worked with them throughout diversification, growth and succession phases of their various business operations, and provided services including family office functions, virtual CFO and support to their family advisory board.
Ryan is also a part of our agribusiness specialist team who work with the Queensland Rural Development and Industry Authority on the Farm Business Analysis Assistance program. This program assists primary producers experiencing financial distress and is an avenue for you to access Bentleys’ financial expertise and comprehensive analysis for your farm business.