Last updated: 8 May 2020, 3.00pm ACDT
The Federal Government has now introduced JobKeeper payments, providing a valuable lifeline to Aussie businesses during this challenging time.
To help make these payments as accessible as possible to eligible businesses, Bentleys’ tax specialists have produced a comprehensive JobKeeper Access Guide.
We encourage you to read this document, be informed, and claim your entitlement. The team at Bentleys is here to assist you, if needed.
Important dates and actions
- Be informed. Read the Bentleys JobKeeper Access Guide carefully
- Assess your business’s eligibility for JobKeeper payments by referring to the information contained in this guide, or by contacting your local Bentleys tax advisor for assistance.
From 20 April to 31 May 2020 (the earlier the better)
- Enrol for JobKeeper payments when the ATO releases the online form on their Business Portal, or contact your Bentleys advisor for assistance.
By 8 May 2020
- Communicate with each eligible employee and ask them to complete the employee nomination form and return it to you.
- Make top up payments to employees (where necessary).
From 4 May to 31 May 2020
- Complete information for your specific eligible employees in the online application form (yet to be provided) on the ATO Business Portal, or via your tax agent.
- Reconfirm your reported eligible employees have not changed through ATO online services, the Business Portal, or via your tax agent
- Complete your ongoing monthly reporting requirements, known as ‘Monthly JobKeeper Declaration Report’. More details on this will be provided by the ATO soon
- Continue paying eligible employees the minimum fortnightly amount by the relevant date for that period.
Contact your local Bentleys advisor for further information. We are doing everything we can to help businesses come out of this challenging time in good shape.
We will continue to update our COVID-19 resource hub with important developments, so please return soon.
Disclaimer: This information is general in nature and should not be relied on as advice. It does not take into account the objectives, financial situation or needs of any particular person. You need to consider your financial situation and needs and seek professional advice before making any decisions based on this information.