The extension of the current lockdown and expansion of the lockdown to cover all of Victoria from 21 August 2021 has resulted in a continuation of government support for businesses.
No specific new programs have been announced, with the current programs being continued and expanded to include regional businesses.
Current support available for businesses
Business Costs Assistance Program
- Payments of $2,800 per week to assist businesses in meeting overhead cost during lockdown
- Businesses previously eligible for Business Costs Assistance Round two or the July extension programs will automatically receive these payments.
Licensed Hospitality Venue Fund
- Weekly payments made to licensed venues based on capacity limits:
- $5,000 for venues with capacity of up to 99 patrons
- $10,000 for venues with capacity between 100 and 499 patrons
- $20,000 for venues with capacity for more than 500 patrons
- Payments will automatically continue for previous recipients of the grant.
Small Business COVID Hardship Fund
- Small business with a payroll up to $10 million who have experienced a 70 per cent or greater reduction in revenue will be eligible for a grant of up to $14,000
- Businesses must be registered for GST and hold an ABN at 28 July 2021
- Applications can be made via business.vic.gov.au and close on 10 September 2021.
Alpine Resorts Winter Program
- This program will be extended with grants of between $5,000 and $20,000 per week for eligible businesses
- Grants vary depending on locations and type of business
- Applications are able to be made by business.vic.gov.au and close on 17 September 2021.
COVID-19 Disaster Payments
- Eligible workers will continue to receive the COVID-19 disaster payment, including sole trader who do not qualify for other grants
- Payments of $750 per week will be made where more than 20 hours of work is lost and payments of $450 per week where between 8 and 20 hours of work is lost.
- Applications are able to be made through Services Australia.
For more information on these announcements, please visit:
Bentleys has reported on the Victorian Government’s earlier announcements.
We are committed to supporting businesses during this challenging time. For further information or assistance, please contact your Bentleys advisor.
Disclaimer: This information is general in nature and should not be relied on as advice. It does not take into account the objectives, financial situation or needs of any particular person. You need to consider your financial situation and needs and seek professional advice before making any decisions based on this information.