Have local SA COVID-19 lockdowns and restrictions impacted your business?
The SA Government is currently offering several grants to COVID-19 affected businesses to help you out:
- $3,000 employing business grant – lockdown period
- $1,000 non-employing business grant – lockdown period
- $3,000 employing business grant – post-lockdown restrictions
- $1,000 non-employing business grant – post-lockdown restrictions
- $1,000 CBD commercial premises grant.
As an example, assuming an employing business operating in the CBD had been forced to close during the lockdown period and after this time trade was limited by ongoing restrictions. This business may be able to access $7,000 in SA grants (being the $3,000 lockdown grant, $3,000 post-lockdown grant and $1,000 CBD premises grant).
The general requirements for all the grants are:
- Operate or located in SA
- Registered for GST and have an ABN
- Australia-wide payroll less than $10m, and
- Experienced a 30% or more reduction in turnover due to COVID trading restricted trading conditions (the testing dates vary according to the grant).
The specific requirements for the grants are:
|$3,000 lockdown ||$1,000 lockdown||$3,000 post lockdown||$1,000 post lockdown||$1,000 CBD premises
|Annual Turnover restriction||$75,000 or more||$75,000 or more||Nil||Nil||Nil
|SA Location restriction||No||No||No||No||Yes
|Application close date||30 September 2021||30 September 2021||17 October 2021||17 October 2021||17 October 2021
Further information can be found at https://www.treasury.sa.gov.au/Growing-South-Australia/COVID-19
All the other states have various COVID related grants available. Where your business operates in other states we can assist you to determine which grants may be available.
Your Bentleys advisor is available to help you determine your eligibility, document and lodge your claim for the grants.