On 3 November 2021, the Australian Financial Review confirmed that the Bentleys Network has risen two positions over the past 12 months to be ranked number 10 among Australia’s Top Accounting Firms.
Tony Sacre, Chief Executive Officer of the Bentleys Network, shares his views on the significance of this ranking.
The past 12 months have been difficult for so many businesses. Our advisors have worked tirelessly to support businesses and individuals through the pandemic. This has involved a significant focus on ensuring available stimulus measures have been accessible to all those eligible to receive them. Our commitment to supporting businesses and individuals at this time has been appreciated by our clients and our community, demand for our support has subsequently increased, and this has been reflected in our 2021 ranking result.
Therefore, I believe Bentleys’ quite rapid rise to the Top 10 accounting firms in Australia is testament to our people, their values, and their ongoing commitment to support clients through difficult times.
What does being in the Top 10 mean for our community?
- For our clients, it means that they can be assured that they are working with progressive and responsive advisors, who are committed to delivering an ever expanding range of contemporary solutions to help them achieve their goals.
- For our staff, it means that they can be optimistic about their future with Bentleys, knowing that learning and development opportunities will only continue to grow.
- For our broader community, it means that they can be confident in partnering with us, knowing that we are committed to contributing to the wellbeing of our community as a good corporate citizen.
Our people deliver services that are a little different to other firms:
- A commercial approach. We listen to our clients to understand their vision and needs, where they want to be in the future, and then design solutions to help them achieve their goals.
- Practical support. Different to other larger professional services firms, we provide end-to-end support to help our clients implement the new strategies or measures that help them achieve their goals. We don’t simply hand over a weighty document at the end of an engagement.
- Local expertise, national presence, international capability. With 20 offices located across Australia, New Zealand and China, and with access to the substantial resources of Allinial Global – the second largest association of accounting and consulting firms in the world – we are able to provide our clients with access to resources and specialists no matter where they operate.
- An ability to adapt to changing needs. As a network we continue to develop our service offering in line with our clients needs. For example, this year we introduced a national, and highly specialised R&D tax incentive service offering, which enables our clients to access high quality support to be rewarded for their commitment to innovation. And we have seen some incredibly bold and successful innovations over the past year.
- Personal and friendly service. Our partners are accessible. They and their team members get to know their clients, and are committed to building the strong working relationships that deliver tangible and valuable results for the client.
As a network of firms, we are values led. After significant consultation with our people and our community, we refreshed our values this year to be true to who we are at this time in our evolution. We are:
- Authentic. We are real, committed to building genuine relationships with our clients, acting with honesty and integrity.
- Dynamic. We are bold, we continue to evolve in ways that respond to our clients changing needs. Our specialisations continue to expand to support the needs of modern businesses.
- Insightful. We care. We use our expertise to build a sustainable future for our people, our clients and our community.
- Connected. We actively embrace a culture of collaboration and belonging to celebrate our differences. Together we are stronger.
We look forward to continuing to support our clients recover from and thrive after the pandemic. I believe our vaccination program is on track and, as a country, we will emerge stronger as we enter the new calendar year.
How can we help?
Bentleys works with business owners every day. Whatever stage of your business journey you are at, we are here to help. Contact your local Bentleys advisor today to find out how we can support you.
Disclaimer: This information is general in nature and should not be relied on as advice. It does not take into account the objectives, financial situation or needs of any particular person. You need to consider your financial situation and needs and seek professional advice before making any decisions based on this information.