At Hawthorn Finance, based in Melbourne, our overarching focus is to build deep client relationships in a performance driven environment. We provide advice to business owners and individuals across all aspects of finance and lending. Hawthorn Finance fills a void in the finance industry and attracts clients who want a better deal than they are currently receiving from their financial institution in terms of price structure and service. Here at Hawthorn Finance we will give you the tools and support to be your own leader and build a rewarding career.
This position operates within the awarding winning and successful Finance and Lending team and is located at our Hawthorn office. Hawthorn Finance have a strong understanding of the products offered by banks and financial institutions and work alongside a broad range of clients from commercial, SMEs, family business, listed entities to individuals to devise the most cost-effective solution to help them to achieve their goals.
Hawthorn Finance is part of the national Bentleys accounting network, (ranked 12th in AFR Top 100 Accounting Firms), a network, with more than 700 talented team members delivering solutions from 19 locations across Australia, New Zealand and Asia. We work with aspirational businesses and entrepreneurial people to help them achieve their objectives and get where they want to be.
This role will contribute to the achievement of Hawthorn Finance and Bentleys strategy through the growth of new business by nurturing existing relationships and acquiring new clients.
As the Finance Analyst, within an award-winning team you will:
- Develop and maintain in depth client relationships to effectively manage and deliver a broad range of financial solutions
- Complete financial analysis, understanding a set of financials, understanding different entities and how they can relate to each other
- Story-tell from a financial perspective, explaining the financial and business reasoning for the loans to the creditors/banks
- Build internal relationships with Accountants to create deals and opportunities to drive new profitable business
- Drive, effective deal structuring, negotiation and execution with clients and financiers
- Process Loan applications from start to finish
- Process Equipment Finance transactions.
To be successful in the role we require:
- Experience working with home loan, commercial and/or asset finance applications
- Certificate IV Finance and Mortgage Broking and/or equivalent (highly regarded)
- Demonstrated ability to provide detailed analysis and recommendations to internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent IT skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Quick to adapt to technology and processes
- Strong analytical mind
- Flexibility in approach
- Experience with AFG Flex and/or Drive Online software would be beneficial
- Resilience – an ability to adapt to change quickly in a growing fast paced work environment.
Hawthorn Finance offers a genuinely supportive and positive team culture, the opportunity for growth through training and career advancement, and competitive salary packages. Our colleagues are committed, professional and client-focused and enjoy a positive work-life balance. In addition, you can expect:
- Competitive salary package and performance incentives
- Generous referral bonus schemes
- Monthly early finish days
- On-site gym with showers and changing area
- Annual flu vaccinations
- Staff facilities; including lunch area and outdoor balcony
- Direct access to senior staff and Directors
- Professional Training and Development
If this sounds like the role for you and you would like to apply for this fantastic and rewarding opportunity, please submit your resume and a covering using the ‘Apply Now’ button or please email your CV with covering letter to Lindsey Kelly, HR Manager at email@example.com