About the program
*Please note, applications have now closed.
In 2019, CareFactor ran over 12 weeks from September to December. Our teams for 2019 were: Beartrap, Cogniant, Comunify, hayylo, Moovosity, NQIQ, Project – Echo, Riskteq, Raise the Bar, and Thirdphase Steps. The program consisted of a 3 Day Masterclass, an 8 Week Mentoring Course, and a Pitch Day.
3 Day Masterclass (completed in September)
For three intensive days, the teams workshopped with business mentors, industry speakers and aged care providers to grow their business and customer acquisition skills. The workshops, expert presentations and mentoring covered topics including:
- Aged care industry
- Entrepreneurship & commercialisation
- Finance & investment-ready
- Costing & budgeting
- Built environment & infrastructure strategy
8 Week Goal-Oriented Mentoring Course
Over 8 weeks, the teams met with mentors to help them tap into real-world experience and solve pain points as they progressed. The sessions focused on goal planning and achievement, growth guidance and pitch preparation. Mentors were led by CareFactor’s Entrepreneur-in-Residence, Llew Jury, Founder and Director of Advancer. The mentoring sessions helped teams scale their business quickly, covering off on investments, going global, digital marketing, raising capital and team building. Find out more information about the mentoring program here.
Pitch Day (held in December)
Each team pitched their idea to a panel of investors and/or buyers, receiving constructive feedback and possible offers of investment. The panel chose hayylo as the winning team, and they will experience a short-term residency at Austrade’s Singapore Landing Pad. This incredible prize will expose the team to doing business in the ASEAN market, and help the team build international market connections.
Who is CareFactor for?
- Entrepreneurs and start-ups
- Innovators and ‘intrapreneurs’ within aged care (or other) organisations
- Researchers or university students
What do participants get?
Every part of the program has been tailored to help you commercialise your idea.
- Intensive Learning – Hands-on workshops with market-leading tools teaching you how to commercialise.
- Structured Program – Focused program based on proven recipes for putting innovation into practice, delivered by experts.
- Best-in-class Mentors – Guided engagement with expert mentors and industry stakeholders.
- Exclusive Networking – Access to a unique network of industry experts and mentors, as well as an opportunity to pitch to investors.
- Subsidised Participation – Participants will receive up to $10,000 of in-kind value over the 12 weeks.
Value for aged care service providers:
Aged care organisations are encouraged to submit in-house teams with an idea or project.
- Commercialise your Innovation Agenda – Use CareFactor to grow and meet your organisation’s strategic innovation goals.
- Support your Intrapreneurs – Strengthen your innovation culture by supporting in-house entrepreneurs to apply entrepreneurial tools and methods.
Value for the research and innovation community:
- Clear to-market path – Fast-track the route from laboratory to industry with a focused commercialisation program.
- Industry Engagement – Opportunity to engage and form partnerships with key industry stakeholders, investors and buyers
Frequently asked questions
Please contact us at email@example.com if you would like to find out more.