Independent and customised investment solutions
Bentleys Wealth is pleased to offer you improved customised investment solutions, through our new partnership with Quilla. Quilla specialises in offering independent investment solutions – free of conflicts of interest so we can act in your best interests. With Bentleys and Quilla’s scale, you will benefit from institutional pricing for investments.
Our team is made of professionals who are highly experienced in managing money, with the benefit of decades of experience working with blue chip organisations in Australia and offshore. Quilla also sits on and works closely with Bentleys’ Investment Committee.
Core investment team
What sets Bentleys and Quilla apart is our team’s expertise, and the depth and quality of our experience.
Ben Cameron is the Managing Partner of Bentleys Queensland. Over his 25+ years with Bentleys, Ben has been a driving force behind the firms’ growth in both the rural advisory space and in the Queensland business market generally.
Ashley is the Director of Financial Planning at Bentleys Queensland. Ashley has over 21 years’ experience in Financial Planning and spent 14 years with Westpac as a Partner Executive Business Financial Planner.
As a Business Advisory Partner in Brisbane, Heath has national and international consulting, middle-market, institutional advisory and corporate finance experience. His skills include business model development, strategic planning, organisational capacity development, financial analysis, structuring, going global, value creation, and benefit realisation.
Efficient use of risk
Key investment principles
We use Managed Accounts
What are Managed Accounts?
- Managed Accounts, also known as Separately Managed Accounts (SMAs), are a vehicle with the discretion to make timely investment decisions on behalf of clients, based on the description in a product disclosure statement (PDS).
- The PDS describes each Managed Accounts’ mandate, so transactions to buy or sell investments can be made without the need to get approval each time from each investor.
- The PDS is a formal document which needs to comply with all the relevant provisions of the Corporations Act. Manages Accounts involve a fiduciary duty, meaning the manager must act in the best interest of the client.
- Managed accounts are similar to a managed fund but without units or a unit price. Within the managed account, the investor owns the underlying investments rather than through a pooled holding with other investors (like a managed fund).
Why use Managed Accounts?
- Specialist expertise – managed accounts facilitate the utilisation of the specialist expertise of professional portfolio managers.
- Higher probability of better outcomes – enable portfolio managers to rebalance portfolios easily, reducing implementation delays and potentially delivering better outcomes.
- Transparency – of day-to-day investment decisions and implementation changes.
- Enhanced client experience – a more seamless client experience, with less administrative burden.
If you have any questions, please contact Ashley Honeyman.
Disclaimer: This information is general in nature and should not be relied on as advice. It does not take into account the objectives, financial situation or needs of any particular person. You need to consider your financial situation and needs and seek professional advice before making any decisions based on this information.