I provide my clients with practical advice that improves their business performance.
Paul is an Associate Director and Internal Audit and Risk Management Specialist in the Audit division at Bentleys. He has over eighteen years’ experience as an auditor and accountant. After starting his career in a ‘Big 4’ accounting firm, Paul moved onto roles in the Queensland State and Local Governments. Paul has worked in a number of senior public sector positions including Director (Finance), Principal Advisor, Project Manager, Director (Evaluation & Review) and Principal Finance Officer.
Paul has significant experience with corporate governance, administrative law, project management financial management, public sector procurement and program/project management.
He is also the internal auditor for a number of APRA registered superannuation funds with a focus on risk management and compliance with APRA Prudential Standards.
Paul’s experience includes:
- Several years managing internal audits and evaluations/performance audits for Queensland State and Local Government organisations
- Internal auditor for a number of APRA registered superannuation funds specialising in the application of Prudential Standards
- Natural Disaster Relief & Recovery Arrangements including financial requirements to acquit funding claims
- Risk management and establishing risk management frameworks applying ISO 31000 ‘Risk Management – Principles and Guidelines’
- Preparing risk registers
- Contract management reviews
- Reviews of procurement practices