I am an experienced advisor with solutions you can trust.
Matthew Wilson is an Associate Director in Bentleys’ Corporate Recovery (BCR) division. He has significant experience with formal restructuring appointments, business valuations and consulting engagements. Matthew has worked across a range of corporate and personal engagements, including investigative accountant engagements, receiverships, voluntary administrations, deed of company arrangements, liquidations and bankruptcies.
More recently, Matthew’s experience has been focused on growing the business valuation service offerings of Bentleys. As part of the valuation team, he has completed a variety of business valuations for clients which includes assisting with disputes & mediations, ASIC appointed independent expert engagements, shareholder and internal restructuring purposes, family/estate/tax planning purposes and business purchases and sales.
Matthew has delivered solutions to clients across the commercial and residential property, manufacturing, construction, hospitality, and retail industries. Before joining Bentleys, Matthew worked at a major Australian bank. Here, he assisted SMEs facing financial difficulties by implementing strategies to resolve issues in a commercial and effective way for all stakeholders.
Matthew’s experience includes:
Insolvency & Restructuring:
- Sale of Commercial Warehouse Properties- this involved strategic review of multi tenanted buildings comprising of showrooms, offices and warehouse units severely affected by the 2011 Brisbane and 2013 Bundaberg floods. This engagement required the preparation of cash flow models and management of expenditure in order to negotiate and secure new long term leases with tenants.
- Advisory Engagement- the team prepared advice, cash flow models and dash board reporting to assist the Board of Directors with their $50M pitch from the Federal Government Clean Energy Initiative Fund.
- Controllership of Portfolio of Properties- the portfolio consisted of a 144-room hotel, upmarket golf course and surrounding residential land. Here, the team was tasked with trading the Hotel, conducting an analysis of the performance of the property, and preparing the property to market and sell.
- Liquidation of Stone Supplier Group of Companies- The liquidation of a Group of Companies which operated in the stone industry in Queensland and Victoria. This engagement was multi-faceted and involved dealing with various secured creditors, realisation of plant & equipment, motor vehicles and surplus stone, collection of a significant debtor book, a large number of employee and outstanding employee entitlements, the Fair Entitlements Guarantee Scheme, related party claims, voidable and antecedent transactions. We were successfully able to distribute priority and unsecured dividends to creditors across the Group.
- Valuation of a winery in Tasmania for compulsory acquisition of minority shares
- Valuation of aviation simulator training contracts with Qantas and Alliance Airlines
- Valuation of businesses in healthcare, including GP businesses and specialist pathology businesses
- Valuation of business undergoing internal and shareholder restructuring purposes
- Valuation of tourism business for restructuring purposes
- Valuation of a wholesale seafood business for a Liquidator for mediation purposes