I am passionate about combining my industry experience to assist my clients.
Austin works with a wide variety of local, national and multinational clients, representing a variety of industries spanning education, aged care, manufacturing, mining, financial services, property development, government, listed companies, health and the not-for-profit sector.
Austin’s technical proficiency in auditing, management accounting and financial reporting, balance sheet reconciliations, technical accounting advice, designing and implementing internal controls and business risk assessment equip him with the ability to make the most technical and difficult aspects of the financial reporting process accessible for his clients by taking a common-sense, consultative approach.
Beyond just providing compliance services, Austin has assisted numerous clients with strategic advice and process improvements, such as:
- Assisting a provider of home care support services with the development of an activity-based-costing system to assist the provider accurately price its services.
- Providing recommendations to strengthen internal controls for a disability services provider.
- Devising improved cash-flow forecasting systems for an international resort in Fiji.
- Improving ‘front-office’ controls and processes for a boutique fund manager with approximately $3 billion in funds under management.
- Providing corporate governance advice, including the drafting of an Audit Committee charter, to a number of not-for-profit businesses.
Austin’s professional skills have been further enhanced through his involvement in the training and development of new professionals. He is an active contributor of training materials to Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand (CAANZ) and has run tutorials and seminars for undergraduate accounting students at Queensland University of Technology and for staff at Bentleys. Austin is also a regular speaker at CAANZ training conferences and webinars.